Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lobato news summary

July 01, 2010 09:34AM avatar
There is a bunch of news about Lobato trestle but it seems to be scattered around in various posts on various websites, so I thought I'd try a summary. Apparently at least one locomotive is being loaded on a truck today at Chama to be hauled to Cumbres. Another post reports that the cost of the bridge damage is covered by insurance, with a $50,000 deductible. The FOCTS has started a fund for donations to help cover the deductible. Preliminary rumors via an Albuquerque TV station seem to suggest the engineers are telling somebody that the bridge structure is okay, and repairs apparently involve redecking. But there has been no formal report, so nothing is definite about that (I would recommend a lot of skepticism until the engineers put their names and seals on a report). Another poster reports the lead time for custom deck timbers is at least 60 days. Finally, yet another report indicates the State Fire Marshall has found no evidence of arson in connection with the fire. Thanks to all who are reporting, and additions and corrections are welcome.

JBWX

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 09:41AM by John West.
Subject Author Posted

Lobato news summary

John West July 01, 2010 09:34AM

Re: Lobato news summary

Hoss July 01, 2010 10:22AM

Re: Lobato news summary

FordCVP71 July 01, 2010 10:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login