Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Covid Lockdown Again Affects Wales Narrow Gauges

October 24, 2020 04:40AM avatar
Even tho Wales is 5 hours ahead of where I live, I’m an early riser and enjoy hanging out on their webcams to see the trains roll. I was surprised yesterday to see nothing moving on the Ffestiniog, so emailed a friend there who said that Wales is in another hard virus lockdown. They’re calling it a “firebreak” lockdown, 17 days effective 6:00 pm their time yesterday, to try to get a handle on rising Covid case numbers. Talyllyn ran trains yesterday, but the Ffestiniog used the time to mothball everything. Nothing is running today.

I gather the railways were in the last couple weeks of their season anyway, with reduced time tables etc, but this will also affect planned maintenance activities. They were making ends meet in the interim, so I hope that this becomes just a minor setback. It will affect special Halloween trains, but hopefully the govt’s strategy will work and the money spinning Christmas season won’t be lost.

Ffestiniog webcams here [www.festrail.co.uk] and Talyllyn Rly webcams here [www.talyllyn.co.uk]

Cheers,
Ralph
Subject Author Posted

Covid Lockdown Again Affects Wales Narrow Gauges

tgbcvr October 24, 2020 04:40AM

Re: Covid Lockdown Again Affects Wales Narrow Gauges

Rob P October 24, 2020 06:26AM

Re: Covid Lockdown Again Affects Wales Narrow Gauges Attachments

Sharrod October 24, 2020 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login