Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trip to Chama...AAR (MORE Photos Added)

June 06, 2010 09:05PM avatar
AAR = After Action Report for the non military types smiling smiley

Greetings everyone. I thought that I would sit down quick like and post a quick message on the state of my trip to Chama. I want to thank everyone for the help and advice to my post before our trip. I also want give a HUGE thank you to Roger Hogan for giving us some heads up on some moves in the yards as well as showing us some GREAT photography points coming down from Cumbres. Roger - it was a privilege to get to meet you and just talk for a while. I look forward to talking to you in the future.

OK...I don't have pictures yet (FTP problems that I myself have caused...be kind to me Russo...HA) but will post them up on this message once I have them uploaded.

Anywho we enjoyed a beautiful day driving down to Chama on the 3rd, stopping off at Narrow Gauge points all along the trip down; Kenosha Pass, Como, Salida, Poncha Springs, Mears Junction, Alamosa, and of course Antonito and finally Chama. I must say it was great to look over the 'lay of the land' a bit and see where the Narrow Gauge snaked its way down from Salida.

Anywho...we enjoyed a great evening of watching some work in the Chama yards on the 3rd and also enjoyed an amazing ride on the 4th. Like I said above...once I figure out this darn FTP stuff, I'll get some pictures up for viewing. I must say one thing that surprised me a bit was how dirty 489's jacket was. (Russ - didn't you put on a protective barrier so nothing would get on your GREEN JACKET???? smiling smiley ). We had to stare at it a bit and get a little closer to make sure the Green Jacket was still there. I was a bit worried that Russo took is paint back with him to California!

I won't bore you guys with any more details...I'll just wait to get some shots up when they are available. However I will say a BIG SALUTE should go out to the train crews, shop crews, maintenance crews, and FRIENDS who are keeping this road alive. I will also echo John Wests comments as well that the track is the best I have EVER seen this line have. The ride was simply amazing!

Coming down from Cloud 9 (and getting ready for another work week).....

Craig
Somewhere up in NoCo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 04:57PM by Samart.
Subject Author Posted

Trip to Chama...AAR (MORE Photos Added)

Samart June 06, 2010 09:05PM

Re: Trip to Chama...AAR

Roger Hogan June 07, 2010 08:29AM

Photos ..... Finally!

Samart June 07, 2010 07:43PM

Re: Photos ..... Finally!

ozinoz June 07, 2010 07:47PM

Russo Loco June 07, 2010 09:53PM

Urias von Meyenburg June 07, 2010 10:18PM

John Cole June 07, 2010 10:50PM

Samart June 08, 2010 07:10AM

BrianJ June 08, 2010 05:17PM

Re: Trip to Chama...AAR (Photos Added)

dottney June 08, 2010 03:09PM

Samart June 09, 2010 07:15AM

Paul Dalleska June 09, 2010 03:02PM

Samart June 09, 2010 04:37PM

Samart June 09, 2010 04:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login