Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have you seen this locomotive?

June 05, 2010 09:13AM
Hi all,

I’ve been enjoying the NGDF for quite some time now from the far away land of New York City. My last visit to narrow gauge country was some 20 years ago when my father took me to the Durango and Silverton. Finally, after far too long a wait I made my first visit to the C&TS on May 25 and 26. I was not disappointed! My vacation just happened to coincide with Springtime In The Rockies (a coincidence?). It was a pleasure to meet so many people from this site and put faces with all the familiar names. I don’t consider myself a photographer and I felt quite out of place with my little Canon point-and-shoot, but the day was unforgettable and I’m happy to have met so many great people. Thank you to Russ, all the "Greenies," and the C&TS crew! My trip continued with a visit to Durango over Memorial Day weekend and some more incredible scenery and coal smoke. The staff and crews at both lines were incredibly friendly and welcoming.

But the main reason for finally posting here is that I’m excited I finally have something of note to post (at least I think its interesting)…

I stuck around Chama the day after the photo charter to ride the Chama—Osier side of the line. Upon our return to Chama I was excited to learn that the 315 was about to be pulled out of the roundhouse, loaded on the flatbed and driven to Durango. I didn’t see any other railfans around so I’m happy to share these “exclusive” - but not very good - photos from the evening of May 26.

So here’s my question: I spent a week and a half in Durango and the 315 never showed up! Does anyone know where it went or when its supposed to be delivered? We seem to have a missing locomotive! If you’re in the area, keep your eyes open for an ex-Army flatbed and a C-18.

(In all seriousness, I'm sure Sonny is taking good care of it. I'm just curious if anyone knows what the current plans are for it.)

I'm looking forward to many more fun visits!
Kevin

In the roundhouse moments before being pulled out into the daylight
IMG_1242a.jpg

Being shoved down to the end of track
IMG_1247a.jpg

Bridging across onto the flatbed
IMG_1255a.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Have you seen this locomotive? Attachments

Kevin Broomell June 05, 2010 09:13AM

Re: Have you seen this locomotive? Attachments

Kevin Broomell June 05, 2010 09:16AM

Re: Have you seen this locomotive?

Rich Murray June 05, 2010 09:49AM

michael June 05, 2010 10:34AM

Russo Loco June 05, 2010 11:07PM

Greg Scholl June 05, 2010 01:53PM

BrianJ June 05, 2010 02:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login