Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Friends C & TS Roster

May 16, 2010 01:28PM
I’m posting this on both the Goat and the NGDF to see if I can get an answer from a Friends member who is in the know. The Friends web site has what I consider an excellent roster page (see Friends/The Railroad/Rolling Stock) which, when I first located it in about 2004 it was kept updated by Curt Bianchi. I don’t know if Curt did that as a volunteer or if it was part of the job description for his position in the organization.

I do know that since Curt is no longer doing it, it is not being updated.

There are probably others but her are nine examples where I think information and/or pictures should be updated.
#1 - many passenger cars that are now red are still in Pullman Green in their picture
#2 - Pile Driver OB that is now fully restored still looks as if it is being rebuilt
#3 - nothing new about the Jordan Spreader OU
#4 - nothing posted about the rebuild of K-27 463. Last info is from 2002.
#5 - K-36 489 has been rebuilt but nothing about it on the roster
#6 - NOTHING about the new parlor cars
#7 - No notes about the Boxcar Passenger cars that were sent to the Georgetown Loop
#8 - Nothing about poor old diesel 19s rebuilt (a side note: please somebody let’s give the old girl a paint job and a current picture showing her cute little air horns)
#9 - I know it’s not news to anybody but Caboose 0579 DID receive a rebuild courtesy of Bill Kepner and his group. That should at least be acknowledged with a current picture.

This all may sound ridiculous because many people couldn’t care less but I do and I expect there are some others who would access that page if it were kept updated. I’d like to thank Curt for doing it in the past and hope somebody will take it over.
Subject Author Posted

Friends C & TS Roster

John Sporseen May 16, 2010 01:28PM

Re: Friends C & TS Roster

John West May 16, 2010 02:10PM

John Sporseen May 16, 2010 03:20PM

Curt Bianchi May 17, 2010 12:55AM

John Sporseen May 17, 2010 08:00AM

Keith May 17, 2010 07:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login