Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eureka, appreciation and who's coming

March 05, 2020 05:56PM
I just had to start this new thread and voice my appreciation, besides, it's a change from OY story's!
I had asked Dan Markoff about before and after photos of Eureka's build (http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,388628,390289#msg-390289), he steered me towards the Nevada State Railroad Museum's "Sagebush Headlight" newsletter with the Eureka story.
My hat is tipped to you Mr Markoff, what a truly remarkable story you have been able to tell, and I am so envious of the wonderful adventures that you, your wife and Eureka have been able to have and the lasting memories you now have from that experience.
I implore everybody to take the time to read the Eureka story, it is so entertaining, uplifting and bought a sentimental tear to my eye, absolutely beautiful.
Thank you Zach Jones, for providing this link - [epubs.nsla.nv.gov], not only was it a great story but there is so much more reading to do in the "Sagebush headlight" now!
Dan, I hope I get to meet you in Chama during the CATS Victorian Iron Horse Roundup, I do want to shake your hand, we are booked onto the Saturday train with Eureka and Glenbrook Historic Consist train.
Speaking of which, now that the OY trip is done and dusted, it must be time to seriously think about the VIHR event, only 5 months away, so who is going, we hope to catch up with and meet some of the characters who populate this forum, I'll bring the Vegimite!

Wayne from Oz
Subject Author Posted

Eureka, appreciation and who's coming

Wayne Hoskin March 05, 2020 05:56PM

Re: Eureka, appreciation and who's coming

evankamp March 05, 2020 06:22PM

mrwalsh85 March 06, 2020 06:06AM

Re: Eureka, articles in the Sagebrush Headlight

Dan Markoff March 06, 2020 11:57AM

ozinoz March 06, 2020 01:49PM

Re: Spelling Question - Veg-I-mite or Veg-E-mite?

Russo Loco March 06, 2020 09:58PM

Kung Flu

Chris Webster March 07, 2020 07:44AM

Rob483 March 06, 2020 06:29PM

ozinoz March 06, 2020 10:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login