Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG-FotCT related- Vehicle needed.

October 29, 2018 03:59AM avatar
The back story here is that we have one John Deere Gator for yard ops during work weeks, and we could use 3. We use it to move paint, hardware, power equipment, lumber, torches, and haul trash, and we're very dependent on it. It's use and availability have been the source of more than a few sour tempers here. It is -not- a Spring Chicken. Hopefully, some of you guys, between, roughly, Denver and ABQ, might know of something, or could check with your local bone yard or service facility. Oddly enough, my neighbor in Chama had one here for 3 years, but it had a blown motor, and he towed it. A jeep or S-10 sounds good, but in all reality, is too big to fit between parallel car strings in the yard. Just as long as it runs and stops safely, doors, windshield, fenders, hood, all that stuff is optional. Anything that can come off with a cutting torch probably will.

I have made several of these "torch buggies" in the past.

This is the ad I have on Craigslist:

"Looking for older, damaged utility vehicles, in the $3-500 range, for use as a welding buggy in an industrial yard.

Hatchbacks might be considered.

GMC Tracker, Suzuki Samurai, Subaru Brat or Japanese Kei Trucks, that sort of thing.

Smaller is better. Broncos, Jeeps and S-10s TOO BIG.

Looking for a junker, rust, cracked windshield, no title, roll over, moderate fire damage, apex predator infestation, all acceptable.

Radioactive or nerve agent contamination is possible deal breaker.

4x4 preferred but not necessary.

Must run good, stop good, and have 4 tires that hold air. A real piece of junk you want out of your back yard. Will never be used on the road again, so cosmetic damage is not an issue.

No blown motors or trannies, please.

Please contact me here, or at popeye8762@gmail.com

Can be used as a tax write off, we are a non-profit organization"

Thanks, people,

Perfect candidate

maxresdefault.jpg

~

Doug Frederick, Chama, New Mexico.

"Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

Slimrail Fan is 6.5 time zones, Pacific to Atlantic.

[picasaweb.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2018 04:05AM by Popeye8762.
Subject Author Posted

NNG-FotCT related- Vehicle needed. Attachments

Popeye8762 October 29, 2018 03:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login