Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Necrophoamin the Narrowest (an Epilogue)

October 25, 2018 11:00AM avatar
The exploration of the ESM I've described here happened about 45yrs ago. So now I Fast Forward to earlier this year.
My partner in the trip years ago was High School friend Deb. I've stayed friends with Deb all these years. She is a favorite of my daughter, Sara, because if Deb and I get together there will be stories. When we come down off The Hill and visit in Santa Barbara, Sara always encourages me to look Deb up. Earlier this year Sara & I met Deb for lunch and Deb had a surprise gift-
a Yellow Box!

This are Debs photos from that weekend 45yrs ago.
First- a Google Earth view of our route from the paved road in Death Valley NM to the abandoned monorail.
1a.jpg

My guess is she took this on the dry lakebed on the border of the Ordinance Area. In the distance is a sign probably intended to discourage travelers brighter than ourselves.
1b.jpg

Here is another Google Earth capture. We met the wash on a ridge and turned right to find a spot where we could get the VW down to the wash floor. The small black dots paralleling the dirt (military access) road are the short pilings of the Monorail.
1c.jpg

Looking up the wash towards the "mine".
1d.jpg

Looking West deeper into the reservation. I would have loved to have followed them, but figured we were already in WAY over our heads- now sense getting stupid(er)
1e.jpg

SR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2018 11:05AM by Dutch Flat.
Subject Author Posted

Necrophoamin the Narrowest (an Epilogue) Attachments

Dutch Flat October 25, 2018 11:00AM

Re: Necrophoamin the Narrowest (an Epilogue) Attachments

Dutch Flat October 25, 2018 11:20AM

Re: Necrophoamin the Narrowest (an Epilogue) Attachments

Dutch Flat October 25, 2018 11:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login