Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mystery Solved on old Film,The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly!!!

March 01, 2010 08:27AM
Long story short the film frames I have been posting the last week or so are from an original 16mm film, that is already on the market as a copyrighted program. I sent the raw footage on DVD to Jerry Day who said he thought it looked familiar, and indeed had a VHS video called "A Forties Memories" with the identical scenes. I checked WB Video's website and there it is now on DVD for $24.95. I emailed Bill Brown and he tells me the photographer Billie Bowen had been deceased and the film was given to a friend who then allowed WB to transfer the film to video and market it. I suspect that friend eventually died and the film was sold as home movies, which it is, and then I bought it.
So, the bad news is I am out the cost of the film, and the transfer to video, and we won't be doing any production or marketing of this footage.
The good news is you guys that were interested can go buy it today from WB VIDEO. I have no clue as to the sound track on the video as I have not seen it.
Now, what to do with the original 16mm film. I hate to sell it for fear that someone else then wants to try to market it as new material, but then the footage is probably worth doing something with. I could donate it to a museum, then it sits in some dusty vault and never gets seen again by anyone, so whats the answer? Am open to suggestions.
Meanwhile we move on!!
Sorry if anyone was misled by these postings. I did not know this was something already on the market, and it is not my intent to infringe on someone's copyright.
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

Mystery Solved on old Film,The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly!!!

Greg Scholl March 01, 2010 08:27AM

Re: Mystery Solved on old Film,The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly!!!

drgwk37 March 01, 2010 11:13AM

Re: Mystery Solved on old Film,The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly!!!

John Craft March 01, 2010 11:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login