Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CHS, the Loop, & Other Idiocies

February 11, 2010 12:59PM avatar
I've been off this Forum for awhile in the hopes that things related to the CHS and railroads might improve. Hah!

I have read through a lot of the recent postings including Rick Steele's excellent summary of the situation. The situation regarding the CHS and anything whatsoever to do with anything related to railroading could be summarized as:

Bratty, untrained, and uncontrolled children with advanced A.D.D. playing with very sophisticated large trains.

If the CHS is accountable to anyone or anything, it's to something or someone who could care less. To this outsider, it sounds as though the only solution to the perpetual CHS/trains problem would be for Colorado voters to amend the law, which gave the CHS access to the gambling funds, in such a way that would eliminate CHS from being involved in railroad restorations in any way whatsoever. Restrict the CHS to what it seems to do better -- restoring old historic structures and nothing else.

I'm a long-retired San Francisco banker who dealt in major problem loans (non-paying, bankrupt, agreement violations, etc.) in amounts from $1 million to $100 million in the days when the dollar bought a lot more than it does now. I was involved in two major matters in the Denver area: the bankruptcy of Manville Corp. (Johns-Manville) in 1982; the company was headquartered in Denver but the bankruptcy was filed in New York City. The other involved a landholder outside of Denver whose problem was resolved when the City of Denver bought about 35,000 acres of its land to build Denver International Airport aka: DIA.

I would hope that someone in Colorado would pursue legal restrictions on CHS and get that organization out of an area about which it knows nothing.

Best regards, Hart Corbett
Subject Author Posted

CHS, the Loop, & Other Idiocies

hwcwsl February 11, 2010 12:59PM

Re: CHS, the Loop, & Other Idiocies

FordCVP71 February 11, 2010 02:30PM

ND Holmes February 11, 2010 02:54PM

jalbers February 11, 2010 03:19PM

hwcwsl February 11, 2010 09:22PM

SoCalCond February 11, 2010 11:27PM

Randall Hess February 12, 2010 09:12AM

hwcwsl February 12, 2010 10:45AM

FordCVP71 February 12, 2010 02:36PM

Russo Loco February 12, 2010 04:19PM

FordCVP71 February 13, 2010 09:56AM

FordCVP71 February 12, 2010 02:40AM

Beau Brandstetter February 13, 2010 10:25PM

Steve Stockham February 14, 2010 12:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login