Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tall Timber resort spur on the Durango & Silverton???

August 31, 2017 07:13PM
Not a Colorado RR guy, but was looking at the Durango and Silverton RoW on Google Earth and some basic information found on the internet. Just north of a place called "Tall Timber Resort" is a spur track that leaves the mainline to the west and travels southward for a length of 1100 feet. The imagery from Google is dated October of 2015, and appears to show the spur track heading right towards some type of structure (fabric covered frame?) sitting on a concrete pad. There is a backhoe in front of the building that appears to be working a road crossing on the spur track, and this spur track appears as if it may be headed into or right beside the structure. With my limited knowledge, I couldn't find any specific information on the internet about the spur or building, just some reviews of the resort (5 stars, great, but I don't see the 9 hole golf course) and a story of trying to fly a swimming pool to the location. What is the story on the spur track and the building? Is this some type of display area for the resort or the RR? Maybe this isn't even Tall Timber, but I think so.
Subject Author Posted

Tall Timber resort spur on the Durango & Silverton???

terry fosback August 31, 2017 07:13PM

Re: Tall Timber resort spur on the Durango & Silverton???

RichB August 31, 2017 07:28PM

WilliamDiehl September 01, 2017 10:32AM

Chris Webster September 01, 2017 11:04AM

Husker Hank September 01, 2017 11:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login