Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Indiana Jones B&B in Antonito

June 06, 2017 07:56PM avatar
In a recent thread there was some discussion of lodging options at Antonito, which are limited. And it is 30 miles to Alamosa. I recently spent two nights at the Indiana Jones B&B which has gotten mixed reviews in the past. I can report it is a decent place to stay if you need to be close to Antonito. In talking to the lady who now owns it, apparently it has changed hands several times over the last decade or so, and had become quite run down. She recently purchased it and is in the process of fixing it up. At this point it is very much a work in process, but it is clean and reasonably comfortable. It has three rooms available (the new owner lives in the fourth room). The rate includes a cooked to order breakfast (unless you are catching a 6 a.m. train). Great free wifi. Decent bed. And the antique sewing machine made a nice desk for my computer.

One of the advantages of a B&B is the living room where guests can gather. The first night I shared a bottle of wine with a couple from the U.K. who came to ride the train, and their American host from Colorado Springs. We had a very pleasant discussion.

The place is not fancy and probably never will be, but it is pleasant, interesting, and the new owner is working hard to improve it. It is not a bargain, at around $100 per night, but Friends members get a 10 percent discount. My only problem is the bathroom for my room had a jacuzzi tub, and although there was a hand held shower, the slope of the roof made it impossible to stand to take a shower, I HAD to take a bath. But I understand the other two rooms have stall showers.

I am not recommending the place but rather saying it is a reasonable option. And it has the potential to get better if the lady makes the improvements she is talking about. The only places I can really recommend are 30 miles away.

JBWX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 07:59PM by John West.
Subject Author Posted

Indiana Jones B&B in Antonito

John West June 06, 2017 07:56PM

Re: Indiana Jones B&B in Antonito

John Cole June 06, 2017 08:02PM

Curt Bianchi June 06, 2017 09:03PM

John West June 06, 2017 09:15PM

John Cole June 06, 2017 09:59PM

Patina

John West June 07, 2017 12:16AM

Craig Kumler June 07, 2017 10:16AM

rehunn June 07, 2017 11:46AM

trainrider47 June 07, 2017 12:17PM

Sam Seiber June 07, 2017 08:55PM

Clyde Putman June 09, 2017 01:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login