Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG The Ski Train "Flasher"

December 30, 2009 10:13AM
My daughter and I were regular riders of the Ski Train. I'm guessing about ten years ago, one of the car attendants pointed out the "flasher" to our car. Since then I think my daughter and I have seen the "flasher" on both ends (up & return) of all of our trips except one. He was the source of several discussions on the train.

Now to explain: The flasher lives near the Lowell Blvd crossing and shines a high powered search light on the train as it passes just East of Lowell. I don't know if he also flashes the Amtrak trains or not. Over the years I think he has acquired a better light. It's a hand held unit and when it's not too dark I've seen him standing on his back deck with the light waving to the train. I've also seen some vintage army equipment around his garage.

I'd appreciate knowing more about the flasher without revealing any information that the "flasher" might want to protect. How long has he been doing this? Does he also flash Amtrak? Does he have any Ski Train stories to share? Do any other forum members have flasher stories to share?
Subject Author Posted

NNG The Ski Train "Flasher"

Big Ed December 30, 2009 10:13AM

Re: NG - The Silverton Train "Flashers"

Russo Loco December 30, 2009 10:29AM

Re: NNG - The Ski Train "Flasher"

Big Ed December 30, 2009 10:50AM

Moons over the Grand River

hank December 30, 2009 11:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login