Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chuck Yungkurth's passing

May 10, 2016 12:39AM
This note from Chuck Yungkurth's Daughter was recently posted on a Facebook page.
I presume that many here knew of Chuck and his long fascination with trains of all sizes.
=====================================

I’m very sorry to be writing this, but my father Chuck Yungkurth passed away on Saturday.

He'd been losing weight and generally not thriving for a couple months. Between him being ultra-stoic and me traveling a lot in March, his fairly dire situation didn't become apparent to any of us until he was sent to the ER the week after Easter, after collapsing at home. Before I could really get to the bottom of what his problem was his health had declined so fast that the last time he went to the ER (last Monday) the doctor said he wouldn't survive heroic measures. We are all still in shock from this past week.

He went into hospice on Wednesday and passed away on Saturday after I'm glad to say were peaceful last days with all his kids and the eldest grandkids having been with him.

If you could spread the word along to friends/colleagues you might know in the railroad community we'd appreciate that. We're going to have a memorial gathering here in Colorado (hopefully at the Colorado RR Museum where he worked as a volunteer in their research library) in a month or two and I'll let you know the details.

Best regards,
Karen Y. Gerhardt
====================================================

Rex Beistle
NMRA RMR
Estes Valley Division
Subject Author Posted

Chuck Yungkurth's passing

Rex Beistle May 10, 2016 12:39AM

Re: Chuck Yungkurth's passing

nickgully May 10, 2016 07:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login