Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WW&F Victorian Christmas ---> The photo album

December 21, 2015 10:36PM
Folks,

For the 7th year in a row, I attended the annual Victorian Christmas event at the Wiscasset Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum. As you have seen from previous posts, this year's event was unique, featuring two steam locomotives for the first time. WW&F #9, the "ultimate barn find" was finally in service after years of loving restoration work by the museum crew. To say she is beautiful is an understatement. This is a Smithsonian-quality restoration....except this engine actually runs. The fact that her introduction to service has been so smooth is testament to the incredible attention to detail on the part of the restoration crew.

Normally, when I visit for this Christmas event, I try to capture a little of everything that occurs, but this year (please forgive me), my focus was on train operations. There's a new girl in town and I wanted some decent pictures of her. The weather this day was all over the map. Mother nature could not quite make up her mind. One minute we had dark clouds, the next minute the sun was out, and a few minutes after that, it was snowing. Fortunately, the trains made 18 runs this day, so I was lucky enough to get a few keepers. Here's a small album of what train operations looked like on Saturday, December 19th, 2015. Click on any of the photos to enlarge them. Click in the upper right corner to go full screen and page though them if you like.

WW&F Victorian Christmas 2015

/Kevin Madore
Subject Author Posted

WW&F Victorian Christmas ---> The photo album

KevinM December 21, 2015 10:36PM

Re: WW&F Victorian Christmas ---> The photo album

philip.marshall December 21, 2015 10:52PM

Stephen Hussar December 22, 2015 05:38AM

Chuck Doan December 23, 2015 11:26PM

Charlie Mutschler December 22, 2015 05:43AM

Rich Murray December 22, 2015 07:12AM

Tower Operator December 22, 2015 03:31PM

Charles McMillan December 22, 2015 05:11PM

Stewart Rhine December 23, 2015 05:29AM

Wayne Laepple December 23, 2015 09:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login