Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Thanksgiving Story

November 26, 2009 09:03PM avatar
Hello Everybody!

Here's a Thanksgiving Story for you:

An old sea-captain passed away, and left his parrot to his former chief engineer -
Al Phillips of the Tennessee Valley RR Museum. As befitting a sea-going parrot, it
had a bad attitude and terrible vocabulary; every sentence out of the parrot's mouth
was rude and laced with profanity. As a former sea-faring man himself, Al was not
personally offended by the parrot, but out of respect for fellow museum volunteers
and members of his church who were frequently guests at his home, Al attempted
to change the bird's behavior by using only polite words and playing soft music,
but to no avail.

Finally Al got fed up, and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back, using words that shocked even Al. He shook the parrot, and the parrot got angrier and more rude. In desperation, Al grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer!

For a few minutes the parrot squawked, kicked and screamed....and then suddenly there was total silence. Fearing that he had hurt the bird, Al quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions, and I intend to do everything I can to correct my unforgivable behavior."

Al was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude and was about to ask the parrot what had caused such a dramatic adjustment in his behavior, when the bird continued, "May I ask what it was the Turkey did?"

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

- Russo de los Locos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 11:11AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

A Thanksgiving Story

Russo Loco November 26, 2009 09:03PM

Re: A Thanksgiving Story

FordCVP71 November 26, 2009 11:16PM

Will Gant November 26, 2009 11:27PM

CodyAkin November 27, 2009 10:10AM

michael November 27, 2009 02:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login