Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update on a couple of vintage videos

August 23, 2015 09:57AM
We finished our "Western Steam Loggers" except for the artwork and such.
This will be standard gauge with the exception of a couple of West Side engines 10, and 3 in SG configuration.

Also nearly in the can is "Rio Grande's Third Division". This is mostly Monarch Pass out of Salida, plus some Marshall Pass footage. It's all NG except one or two quick SG shots in Salida for reference. Am waiting for my helpers to okay the copies I sent them, otherwise its done except the artwork which we are working on. Still could use a nice shot or two on Monarch, or Marshall Pass. We have some put looking to improve if possible.

Think you will like these two if you are into shortline steam, and NG our of Salida. When we release these in November I will post a link to previews. Monarch was one really cool piece of railroad with 4.5% grades and the Garfield switchback. Two-engine trains left Salida then split the train at Maysville into two sections(half), then at the Switchback each engine took half of that. Once loads were gathered at Monarch the two sections left and went down to Garfield, and at Maysville started the whole process over again with the other half of the empties. Engines on Monarch were 480,481,482,and 486(Interestingly all still operating on the D&S). Also interesting we rode behind 480 last September. Also seen is 489 on some of the work trains to SG the line. It's neat working with this stuff, but it takes a long time to get info and so forth to put it together. Now I know why books take so long!!!

Meanwhile we still have plenty of NG stuff including the new C&TS which is a big variety with 5 videos. You can pick them on the RR or check out the website.

Greg Scholl
[www.gregschollvideo.com]
Subject Author Posted

Update on a couple of vintage videos

Greg Scholl August 23, 2015 09:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login