Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking Deeper into the Scene with DPL

March 21, 2014 03:19PM avatar
This discovery may help others in locating a particular image or subject using the fantastic DPL archives.

While searching for photographs of the old DSP&P I kept coming up the same image twice or more, in the thumbnails. Obviously there is more than one copy of the image in the collection and changing to a search for Platte Canon Line yielded yet another image. This was a different format yet carried the same image Title and to a scan of the thumbnails appeared to all intents to be the same.
Not So:
I'm happy to say as lurking in the picture was an elusive piece of hardware not very closely captured on the DSP&P and if only the first image was viewed then the hardware was obscured and unless you noticed the shadow, therefore missed completely.

Image 1:
[digital.denverlibrary.org]

DomeRock1.JPG

Image 2:
[digital.denverlibrary.org]

DomeRock2.JPG

Looking again at this second, less interesting view without the capture of the Mason Bogie revealed the elusive object. There is a third photo not that much removed from the first that only shows a part of the original fabricated, not cast Harp switchstand.

Of course I expect this discovery to turn into a full blown Telegraph discussion once S'Park sees it smiling smiley

Chris
in New Zealand
Subject Author Posted

Looking Deeper into the Scene with DPL Attachments

Chris Walker March 21, 2014 03:19PM

Re: Looking Deeper into the Scene with DPL

Tomstp March 21, 2014 08:32PM

Re: Looking Deeper into the Scene with DPL Attachments

South Park March 21, 2014 09:44PM

J.B.Bane March 21, 2014 09:03PM

South Park March 21, 2014 09:46PM

John Cole March 21, 2014 10:43PM

South Park March 21, 2014 11:55PM

John Cole March 22, 2014 07:32AM

weston1879 March 22, 2014 03:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login