Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This week at Knotts!

September 08, 2009 12:39AM avatar
This week at Knotts the goose starts service tomorrow.(Tuesday)
For the first two weeks we will be running steam on Friday, Saterday, and Sunday. At least as far as I can remember.

340 is still out pulling the regular train, While 41 sits in the shop as the back up.

The crown metal products 4-4-0 or "lil toot" in camp snoopy is down for rehab. This happens yearly as the park prepares for halloween haunt. Part of that prep is building a maze across the tracks for the lil toot train.

And seeing as the goose is running tomorrow, I thought I would show some pics of her that I have never before. most of these are going to be of the interior. never shown much of it before. Don't know why!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well to start thing off here she is as of today before I started cleaning her.
Photobucket

We will start with the rear passenger box. This view shows the rear seating arrangement. These seats are not the old Denver street car seats. I don't know what happend to them. But there are still street car seats, although these ones are from LA street cars.
Photobucket

This is a new seat we added yestarday. One of the shop guys made it by putting two of the spare seats together.You can also see the third leg he had to make.
Photobucket

In this next view you can see the stove and coal bin that was installed after she came to knotts. The scrappers removed the original. Ours dose not have ascreen around it like goose 5 does. When the rear box was for cargo/LCL the screen was to keep packages from catching fire if they came in contact with the stove. Ironically the stove was to keep packages from freezing.
Photobucket

You may have noticed some pictures on the walls in the first pic. These pics are of goose 3 and the others. The picture frames are made from wood leftover after the rear box was rebuilt. And the backing in the frame is the old sheet metal skin from the rear box.
Photobucket

At this piont I would like to point out that when the box was rebuilt, the shop crew was able to save both the original front and rear walls. Nothing was done to these walls except applying a new coat of paint. Not to knock goose 4, and 5 but there rear boxes are all new. but 4 and 5 are also in a much harsher environment than dry sunny socal.
Photobucket

now on thw the bus. The old bus seats were also removed. presumably by the scrappers. So streat car seats also adorn the bus interior. The inside has also been painted a light grey, as opossed to the original tan like in goose 5. And like the back, the rear wall in the bus has pictures framed with old wood and metal skin.
Photobucket

Last but not least is the Motormans seat and controles.
Photobucket
Subject Author Posted

This week at Knotts!

Jeff Taylor September 08, 2009 12:39AM

Re: This week at Knotts!

Russo Loco September 08, 2009 01:30AM

tpeterman September 08, 2009 07:34AM

Samart September 08, 2009 12:16PM

TUnfried September 08, 2009 01:16PM

Ten Wheeler September 08, 2009 01:25PM

Larry Spencer September 08, 2009 01:55PM

Will Gant September 08, 2009 02:15PM

Sam Seiber September 08, 2009 03:44PM

BillD September 08, 2009 06:28PM

Jeff Taylor September 08, 2009 09:33PM

Russo Loco September 08, 2009 11:48PM

Gavin Hamilton September 09, 2009 08:30AM

Russo Loco September 09, 2009 09:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login