Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C&TS Caboose ride Tuesday, September 15th?

September 01, 2009 11:38AM
Hi all,

Current C&TS policy is that the cabooses are available for charter - $1500 from Antonito to Chama or $2000 from Chama to Antonito. A caboose holds up to 13 people.

I'm planning on riding the C&TS from Chama to Antonito on Tuesday, September 15th (the day after the #315 runs and the day before the 2009 NNGC starts) and would love to ride the caboose. Unfortunately, the C&TS is not interested in taking my credit card to reserve the caboose and sell tickets for me. They will only take the full amount up front and then it's up to the buyer to sell the tickets.

There are 2 problems that I can see: I don't have $2000 sitting around and who's going to email me $154 for a ticket ($154 = $2000/13) - I live in Northern California and have not had the pleasure of meeting many of you personally.

So, here's the pitch:

I'm certain there are 13 of us who want to ride the caboose the day before the convention. Anyone out there willing to take on the job of renting the caboose and selling the tickets (or convincing the C&TS to sell the tickets for them)? My $154 is ready (or more if the C&TS wants a little off the top for selling tickets - it's for a good cause after all). Any other takers?

Thanks!

Greg Coit
gregcoit@gmail.com

Greg Coit
Bayfield, CO
Subject Author Posted

C&TS Caboose ride Tuesday, September 15th?

gregcoit September 01, 2009 11:38AM

Re: C&TS Caboose ride Tuesday, September 15th?

Russo Loco September 01, 2009 11:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login