Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C&TSRR Engineer / Fireman school

August 28, 2009 09:51AM avatar

What a 3 days, long days but I think everybody was having so much fun they didn't even know the days were very long.

10 students with the engineer school crew. Alan, Jim, Ronny, Jeremy and I was there to get photos and videos.

The first day was in the class room, the shop and the yard.

2nd day was out on the line. Everybody got to shovel coal on the grade to Cumbres. We backed up about 3 times to make sure everyone got a chance to fire on the steep grade. 2nd half of the trip the 1st day we had 2 students in the cab while 1 was firing the other was taking care of the engineer duties.

2rd day 2 students in the cab, taking turns firing and being the engineer. Our work train left Antonito at 8am and we got into Chama around 5:30. If my count is correct everyone had 3 different times sitting in the engineer seat and firing.

Alan, Ronnie & Jeremy out on the line. The only word I can think of is AMAZING. Alan keep us on schedule and with as many stops and backing up that we did that was IMHO almost impossible. Ronnie & Jeremy as instructors, about all I can say is if I had had that kind of instructors while I was in school I would of stayed in school rather than get disgusted and go out into the world to find my way. Knowledge, patience and willing to not only answer all questions they will show you how and explain while doing it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 the school gets a 10.

To a few of the photos I grabbed to show you. More later as I get some time. I need to get a DVD made for each of the students with both videos & photos and then we will mail it to them so their memories will be available when ever they want.

To the photos
Subject Author Posted

Roger Hogan August 28, 2009 09:51AM

Re: C&TSRR Engineer / Fireman school

Ten Wheeler August 28, 2009 01:13PM

Roger Hogan August 28, 2009 02:13PM

Samart August 28, 2009 06:10PM

Roger Hogan August 28, 2009 09:38PM

Samart August 28, 2009 10:38PM

Chris Webster August 28, 2009 05:25PM

dandtsrr2 August 28, 2009 05:54PM

Roger Hogan August 28, 2009 09:39PM

Roger Hogan August 28, 2009 09:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login