Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My personal Goosefest thoughts.

June 20, 2012 12:03PM avatar
This message is as the tag says my PERSONAL thoughts and opinions.

Goosefaest was a grand event like no other I have been to. I met lots of nice folks who loved the geese, the RGS, and were very friendly.

The Museum staff was very courteous, to myself and every guest there. The VIPs got very special access to ride the smaller geese, goodies, and a special dinner in the UP dining car.

All of this made my first visit to the CRRM very special and one I will never forget. I plan to visit many more times to enjoy there equipment and library.

The whole time I was there I didn't personally hear any real negative feedback on the absence of goose 3. I heard second hand that some were still upset, but were still happy to see #4 and the others together.

Again my opinion, not an official response from the Farm.
I have also heard that some want to send unhappy letters or emails to Knott's voicing there displeasure at there managerial skills, and decision making.
You have the full right to do so, but can we be adult about it.
Sending an angry letter will not help. This may only further hurt #3s chances, and discourage Knott's to participate in future events of any type.

If your going to send one you should be polite, and explain that you were disappointed that #3 was not there and you hope they can work out something in the future for #3 to visit CO.

We should only be positive about this.
And on that note we should all send positive letters/emails to the Ridgway museum for there tireless efforts in restoring #4. What a fantastic job they did. I can't praise them enough.
The Telluride volunteer Fire dept should also receive letters of thanks for letting the Ridgway museum restore the 4 and letting us enjoy seeing her operate and ride in her.

And last but not least the Galloping Goose Historical Society for once again bringing the 5 out for us to enjoy. She also ran flawlessly during Goosefest.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my thoughts.
nightshoot1.jpg
Subject Author Posted

My personal Goosefest thoughts. Attachments

Jeff Taylor June 20, 2012 12:03PM

Re: My personal Goosefest thoughts.

NormAcker June 20, 2012 12:13PM

Samart June 20, 2012 12:37PM

Herb Kelsey June 21, 2012 02:11AM

sjh7 June 21, 2012 07:31AM

Chuck Doan June 21, 2012 08:15AM

Thunder June 22, 2012 08:36PM

Re: My personal Goosefest thoughts. Attachments

Larry Spencer June 23, 2012 01:34PM

Samart June 23, 2012 05:39PM

South Park June 24, 2012 01:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login