Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things I appreciate

June 08, 2012 04:24PM
Hi all,

I light of all the complaining on this list lately, I want to list the things I appreciate (in no particular order):

Knotts: I've had the pleasure of being behind the scenes at Knotts as a guest of Tom and Jeff - no finer gentleman have I met before or since! I truly appreciate the work they and their crew do too keep their equipment is such fine shape. Knotts could easily paint the locos any way they wanted - few (but us) would care. The fact that they keep the locos in historically accurate paint is awesome and much appreciated

CRRM: Such an amazing place to visit for a NG geek like me!!! Donald and crew have done an amazing job keeping Robert Richards's dream alive. Non-profits around the country are suffering in this economy - the CRRM has managed so much under such duress. It's my intent to never visit the state of Colorado without spending a day at the CRRM.

C&TSRR: My favorite operating railroad - no contest. No other has the access, the scenery and against such great odds. I fret (like others) every time something changes at the C&TS, but it continues to endure. A day on the C&TS is my favorite m=way to spend a day.

Friends of the C&TSRR: For all they do to keep the C&TSRR alive and running. It matters so much more than #463 will some day run then when that day is (to me).

This list: I've learned tons from this list and plan to for many years to come. There are plenty of places on the internet to vent or bitch - please leave this list as you found it - a great place to share information on our favorite topic.

What do you appreciate (NG-related only please)?

Greg Coit
gregcoit@gmail.com

Greg Coit
Bayfield, CO
Subject Author Posted

Things I appreciate

gregcoit June 08, 2012 04:24PM

Re: Things I appreciate

mikerowe June 08, 2012 04:41PM

Samart June 08, 2012 04:52PM

guymonmd June 08, 2012 04:55PM

Wayne Laepple June 08, 2012 08:22PM

Chris Walker June 08, 2012 06:24PM

"Knotts could easily paint the locos... Attachments

gothpapa June 08, 2012 07:21PM

Re: Things we appreciate

Jeff Ramsey June 08, 2012 09:57PM

Re: "Loco could easily paint Knott's locos" ... eye rolling smiley

Russo Loco June 09, 2012 10:30PM

Fred Folk June 09, 2012 03:21PM

southparkline1 June 09, 2012 11:09PM

Re: Things I Appreciate ... smileys with beer

Russo Loco June 10, 2012 08:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login