Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mexico 1963

March 28, 2012 11:31AM
Back from my trip to the Outer Banks I was doing some color scanning today, so decided to try scanning these old B&W images. Unfortunately I do not seem to have the correct holder for my Epson 700 for these square
negs, so I used a 35mm holder with bad results as you can see. Another thread had some stuff on Merida so that is what 3 of the images are related to. These are not very good, but remember I was 12 at the time.
Greg

(1) Standard Gauge U de Y 4-4-0 leaving Merida. This train was chased to progresso. My dad rode both ways.
(2) Train at station in Progresso. You can see it was a mixed train. My dad can be seen(big guy near the pole). I rode the train with him back to Merida, which the bus load of gringos chased it back again.
(3) Narrow Gauge 2-6-0 number 260 departs Merida
(4) 4-6-0 number 185 At Mexico City (San Lazaro, or Lorengo, ???) Anyway I think this was one of the switchers. My dad, brother and I spent a couple hours here. We had ridden the day before from Pueblo to Mexico city. This was 100% steam at the time of our visit!!!
I have some small prints of these, and they may actually scan better than the negs, but for now these will have to due! Again apologies for the crappy quality!!!
Greg Scholl
mexico001 UdeY 351 Meridalowres.jpg
mexico002 351 progresso, low res.jpg
mexico004 260 Meridalowres.jpg
mexico0034-6-0 #185 lowres.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Mexico 1963 Attachments

Greg Scholl March 28, 2012 11:31AM

Re: Mexico 1963

Tom Moungovan March 28, 2012 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login