Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shavano Drumhead

July 11, 2009 10:25AM
I have been querying the HOn3 Yahoo list to see if anyone there knew of a good photo of the drumhead for the D&RGW train "Shavano". I found some pics on the DPL and a few more in the LIFE collection on Google, but none of them are clear enough to make out the middle image. Does anyone have a good photo of the drumhead close enough that the image is clear?

One lead was for a book I hadn't run across, "D&RGW Narrow Gauge in Color" or something like that which is supposed to have color photos of the drumhead. If they are good photos, can someone scan the page for me?

Another possibility for me is to find a photo of the area represented on the drumhead. Does anyone know what was on the drumhead and if there are photos of the same scene? Tomar has model drumheads and the Shavano shows a canyon with river, but the photos I have been looking at seem to show three large areas, and seemingly not making up that same scene.

Finally, what happened to the original(s)? I have photos of the San Juan drumhead that is apparently now in a private collection (looking nice), but nothing about the Shavano.
Subject Author Posted

Shavano Drumhead

rick_b July 11, 2009 10:25AM

Re: Shavano Drumhead

FordCVP71 July 11, 2009 10:43AM

chris king July 11, 2009 10:55AM

Bob Foley July 11, 2009 11:17AM

rick_b July 11, 2009 11:30AM

chris king July 11, 2009 11:52AM

J. B. Bowers July 11, 2009 02:34PM

geode July 11, 2009 03:49PM

Rich Murray July 12, 2009 05:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login