Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Help Restore a K-37" Screen Saver - and software question.

March 25, 2011 03:02PM avatar
Hi, All -

With Roger Hogan now up to his eyeballs helping to build and maintain the new C&TS website,
it's up to me to finish up the long-promised Volume Two of our 'Narrow Gauge Over Cumbres -
The Transition Years' screen saver that we put together a few years ago to raise money for the
rebuilding of K-36 #483.

Volume One included 83 photos of the D&RGW from the 1960's - about 30 each from Tom Gildersleeve and John West, the rest mostly from myself and Ernie Robart.  Volume Two will cover the 1970's, featuring mostly color slides from Ernie Robart's vast collection plus a few of my own. Richard Braden (Employee2) has also promised to provide several slides of the early days of the C&TS taken from his insider's perspective. As with Volume One - which raised about $2,500 for the 483 fund - 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of Volume Two will be placed in a special fund, probably for the restoration of K-37 #497.

Does one or more of you have any experience with the software needed to build a marketable screen saver??

My Google search revealed a plethora of software packages, of which GraFX Saver Pro [www.grafxsaver.com] appeared most promising, but before purchasing something I'm hoping to get some advice from a few of you who may have tried one or more of the many tools available.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

- Russ
Subject Author Posted

"Help Restore a K-37" Screen Saver - and software question.

Russo Loco March 25, 2011 03:02PM

Re: "Help Restore a K-37" Screen Saver - and software question.

rdamurphy March 26, 2011 09:34AM

Russo Loco March 26, 2011 12:33PM

rdamurphy March 26, 2011 02:28PM

BrianJ March 27, 2011 10:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login