Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making Photographic Prints Available

April 10, 2009 08:49AM
I've been experimenting with a way to make my vintage Railroad and more recent RR photos availabe for purchase and found Imagekind to be just the ticket. It is a business that lets you upload high quality files, and organize a small gallery for free (about 20 images) or pay for more space. You can set the markup from 0 to any amount you want, above the cost of the prints. They do the printing, and matting/framing if so desired, billing and shipping, taking all the hassle out of making prints available from your collection.

There's a great deal of flexiblity in their system, allowing the purchaser to pick the quality of paper that the image is printed on, from Premium Presentation (cheap and not archival) to fine art papers on cotton rag. So a person can get a cheap print for modeling reference or a museum quality large print with archival matting and framing.

So far I've been very impressed. I've put many of my Sumpter Valley Ry photos on here, along with some of my vintage Northern Pacific images. It's pretty easy, and makes them available, beyond small images on the web. I'm going to go ahead and donate part of any profits on the markup of SVRy pics to SVRy restoration Inc.

John West has been experimenting a bit with them also.

Here's a link to some of my images so you can get an idea of how it works.SVRy images on Imagekind
Subject Author Posted

Making Photographic Prints Available

Steve Thompson April 10, 2009 08:49AM

Re: Making Photographic Prints Available

John West April 10, 2009 10:36AM

jalbers April 10, 2009 10:46AM

FordCVP71 April 10, 2009 11:14AM

Russo Loco April 13, 2009 08:56PM

John West April 13, 2009 09:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login