Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question for John Bush

Anonymous User
April 16, 2008 11:23PM
I just finished viewing "The RGS Lives: 463 Returns" videotape by Historical Video Productions. Wow! You guys really did a total restoration on Engine 463 back in the mid-1990s! I note the patches to the boiler, the complete retubing, the work on the drivers and running gear, etc.

My question concerns the current state of 463 and whether getting it back in shape is going to require a repeat of some of the same major repair work or whether it is more a routine major servicing necessary after the years of operation since the total rebuild. Is it a reasonable assumption that at some point the engine is going to need a new boiler? Is the reason that the engine is not operable now in part related to hard use since its rebuild? Or just the passage of time?

By the way, that videotape was well done. And I enjoyed the limited commentary from host Carolyn Clark. She was great. She also narrated the videotape "Last Train to Cumbres" the year before. Do you or others know whether she still in the videotape business? I guess now it is DVDs and not videos!

Frank
Subject Author Posted

Question for John Bush

Anonymous User April 16, 2008 11:23PM

Re: Question for John Bush

John Bush April 19, 2008 08:36AM

Re: Question for John Bush

Anonymous User April 19, 2008 06:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login