Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Break the cycle OT

Mik
October 20, 2008 01:36AM
I KNOW this is off topic. Forgive me or don't. I'm posting it anyway because it's THAT important

It's 3AM. I'm sitting here wide awake and worried sick. I don't know where Kim is or when she'll be back. And it's nothing I've done....

Kim's niece Nick has been living with her boyfriend and their 2 year-old daughter. Ed is not a very nice person. He won't get a job. He has a cookie on the side. He HAS a police record...for domestic violence. He belittles and insults Nick. And he hits her. Tonight he hit her, HARD. Hard enough her jaw is swollen and she can barely talk.

Time after time Nick has made excuses for his behavior. She's left, only to go back, over and over because she "loves him". She says her family is to blame for "interfering" because they are all worried sick about her, AND her daughter. Tonight marked the point of no return. Kim called the police BEFORE her niece ends up in a body bag. Meanwhile Nick is STILL making excuses.

If you know someone in a similar situation. Find a way to get them help. If you are in a situation GET OUT. If you are doing stuff like this yourself, get help NOW. The situation won't get better by itself, only worse. It's EVERYBODY'S business... Break the cycle TODAY.

I don't look for trouble, but it usually finds me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 02:03AM by Mik.
Subject Author Posted

Break the cycle OT

Mik October 20, 2008 01:36AM

Re: Break the cycle OT

Anonymous User October 20, 2008 08:47PM

little stanley October 21, 2008 05:16PM

Mik October 21, 2008 07:10PM

Eric Bolton October 22, 2008 01:37PM

Prowordsmith October 22, 2008 02:13PM

Mik October 23, 2008 03:00PM

John Cole October 23, 2008 04:00PM

Mik October 23, 2008 09:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login