Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chama Turn Video

August 10, 2008 11:04AM
After working all Saturday cleaning rusty iron castings to help restore the Mount Rainier Scenic RR #70 mikato, I returned home tired and dirty. Boy those parts are heavy & so in the evening I sat down to rest & watch a "cut out" RR video I recently bought. It headlined a trip on Amtrak's Empire Builder, which I have ridden from Spokane to Seattle, & I wanted to see what the rest of the route was like. What I did not realize was the video also contained a 45 minute segment at the end about the DRGW in the 60s. It was shot by Emery Gulash & features locos, 484, 487, 492, 493, & 498. All were in active freight surface & filmed in scenes from Alamosa to Chama. These were not fantrips nor photo runbys, but real revenue runs. There is an extensive portion covering the servicing of 487, 493, & 492 in Chama. Real steam action, real freight trains, & real working crews make this a great video. I got this video for $7.95 plus shipping from Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller's catalog, but I think you can order it from their website HamiltonBook.com . The title is American Train Journeys, Vol 3 & is item number 7018401. Enjoy!
Steve Hughes
Subject Author Posted

Chama Turn Video

Steve Hughes August 10, 2008 11:04AM

Re: Chama Turn Video

round_house August 10, 2008 06:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login