Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SSSUMPTER!

July 08, 2004 12:40AM
Here's the staright dope - When passing even remotely close to Baker Oregon you MUST visit and ride The Sumpter Valley Railroad.
As I have posted before, this interesting and extensive operation has not received the attention it desrves. And the fine folks running the current operation know a thing or two about getting it done.
This is no broken down collection of wanna bees with a wisp and a prayer, but a dedicated group of competent historians who are dedicated to an expanding future for this show.
You owe it to yourself to make Sumpter Oregon and the railroad a must see. Linda and I enjoyed a rare stay at the Depot Inn 4th of July and had a great time. Got a cab ride in #19 (Thanks Cindy and Tony!) and even met the amazing Taylor Rush.
It's swell in Sumpter - Drop by and give them a buck or two and enjoy a unique place. But watch out for the gin and tonics at the Elkhorn saloon. What exactly did she put in them to make me do that?
Despite my hangover I will return to Sumpter many more times. I promise you will hear more about this railroad. Lon Wall TimberTimes
Subject Author Posted

SSSUMPTER!

Lon wall July 08, 2004 12:40AM

Re: SSSUMPTER!

El Skonk July 08, 2004 08:22AM

Re: SSSUMPTER!

EL SV Dispatcher July 08, 2004 04:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.