Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chama Emergency

February 06, 2008 03:53PM
I know cross-posting from the other board is frowned upon, but I believe this warrants an exception.

From Jay at the Gote:

There is no way you can overplay this mess. It's easy for those of us who are a little younger, in decent health, have a freezer full of food, and have decent housing. But for those with infant children, the elderly and the sick, or those with sub-par housing, this is a real tragedy, and it could get worse.

I saw on the news report that food is on the way via the American Legion. Great!
They are taking donations in Albuquerque. If you are there, Check KRQE TV to see where to donate.
You can also help by sending a check to
First Baptist Church
PO Box 1216
Chama, NM 87520

Memo the check for snow relief.
The Baptist Church and several others including Saint Jerome's, are part of the "Chama Valley Ministerial Alliance", which joins all of us togehter to help in good times and in times like this.
Pastor Corey Dryden at the FBC got a big group of volunteers in here to help.
We need money to pay for feeding and housing them.
Thanks in advance for your generosity.
Jay

The National Guard is on scene to provide emergency relief by checking on the health of residents. They are plowing public roads but not private roads and they are not shoveling snow off of roofs of private residences. Also, the only market has been destroyed and foodstuffs are needed.

Channel 13 News Report (Flash viewer required):
[flash.video.worldnow.com]
Subject Author Posted

Chama Emergency

Dave Boyer February 06, 2008 03:53PM

Re: Chama Emergency-Thursday Update

Dave Boyer February 07, 2008 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login