Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

water tube boilers

December 08, 2001 01:11PM
There are a few people on here that I've seen that may be able to help me out. I was taking pictures around the eastern PA anthracite fields as I'm going to model that area, and I ran across an abandoned powerhouse for an old coal mine and breaker that still stands. Inside are two field erected watertubes that are about 20 ft wide, 25 ft long, and roughly 40 ft high. They are traveling grate stokers and are automatic. All the forced draft, ID fans, and feedwater pumps are all steam driven by small turbins. The boilers are mostly all brickset, and there are three steam drums at the top, and two mud drums halfway up the boiler, with all the drums running crosswise. The first mud drum is about six feet from the back, with the front mud drum being about eight feet in front of the other. There are two wall headers that run the length of the boiler, one on either side of the grates, with tubes running from the botom of the steam drums down to the headers. The main steam outlet and the three safety valves don't appear to come off the rear drum, so I don't know if there is a bank of superheater tubes in the back with a header behind the rear drum. The boilers appear to be roughly 200,000 lbs/hr or better, with 8" steam mains. There are no builders plates on the boilers, and even with all stationary boiler experience, I don't know what the tube arrangement, boiler model, or builders are. If anyone has any idea of what these might be, any help would be appreciated. I plan on modeling these boilers and boileroom in every detail.
Thanks
John
Subject Author Posted

water tube boilers

John Irwin December 08, 2001 01:11PM

Re: water tube boilers

J.B.Bane(SVRy) December 08, 2001 02:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.