Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks to Chama Contributors

January 30, 2001 10:55AM
General Hi:
Thanks to all those who contributed to my knowledge of the Chama Roundhouse. You answered many of the questions I had although not all but we will concern ourselves with that later. For those who contributed to the end of the chain (literally), in the 1905(?) structure inventory it lists about 7 or 8 outhouses from the depot north and particularly around the "Hotel" and bunk house so I think I would be careful digging in that area.
Here is an interesting question. In the 1905 inventory it lists the construction of the "sand house", and the entry is not crossed off when the new coal tower was built in 1924-25 which seems to indicate that although it is not in the same location as it was in 1903 when built it is the same "sand House". The picture of the yard from the south in Dormans Chama book taken about 1908 seems to show a building between the last two legs of the coal trestle that looks a lot like the present samd house. Maybe if John has the AFE on the new coaling tower it would indicate whether the sand house was moved or not, or a new one built.
Just thought I would keep you guys from getting bored.
Thanks again:
Frank
Subject Author Posted

Thanks to Chama Contributors

Frank Martindell January 30, 2001 10:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.