Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: STEAM

January 09, 2005 09:45PM
I'm not a contract lawyer but it would seem that Railstar has put itself in an extremely untenable position! (I actually WANT Railstar to succeed!) If and when the proscribed date has come and gone and Railstar is unable to complete the terms of agreement what then are the options? If the CHS were to terminate the contract there goes the season (and quite possibly operations altogether!)
There appears to be two options open to the CHS:
#1. Continue with Railstar even though there probably won't be steam in 2005. (This avenue of approach could possibly lead to breach of contract lawsuits being filed against Railstar by the CHS! Wouldn't THAT be an ironic twist!)
#2. Discontinue operations altogether, sell off the property to condomineum developers and CDOT for an expansion of I-70
It is quite possible that option #2 could also be employed in conjunction with or as a consequence of option #1! In fact, this would provide the perfect PR cover for getting rid of the Loop altogether! The blame gets placed on Railstar for being unable to fufill their contractual obligations and also on the Ashby's for "pulling out and leaving the CHS with this mess"(!)
Heck, I could even see certain people at one of the CHS meetings trying to convince the others that this is in reality a GOOD thing as the influx of money from the condo sales and any winnings from the lawsuit with Railstar could then be used to "fund" other pet projects!
Of course, this is all conjecture (some may call it paranoia!) and so far as I know there isn't a shred of evidence to support any of it but if I were on the CHS board of directors I would be looking at ALL options! If I could think up this scenario believe me that some crackerjack corporate lawyer has already figured out how to make it work!
None of this still makes any real sense! I'd like to believe that the CHS is only misguided in what they are doing but the circumstantial evidence keeps mounting that there is some kind of plan of action that is already being acted upon that may have an ulterior motive to restoration of steam up on the Loop. (I know, but even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day!)
Subject Author Posted

STEAM

Kerry Ann January 07, 2005 05:45PM

(Message Deleted by Poster)

Alan January 07, 2005 05:57PM

Kerry Ann January 07, 2005 10:39PM

Steve Stockham January 08, 2005 05:27PM

Kerry Ann January 09, 2005 02:18PM

Steve Stockham January 09, 2005 09:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.