Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Ancient' Pictures of Huckleberry.

JasonL.
October 10, 2004 01:03PM
Me and my grandfather have been working hard to digitize all of the old family photos (some dating back to the late 1800's) and I ran across some pictures from my youth, back when my grandfather would take me out to see the Huckleberry Railroad when I was (I think) around 4-5 yrs. old.
Anyways, I scanned the pics, and figured I would share them with all of you. Keep in mind, these pics are from the 80's so they didn't come out too well. I shrunk them down quite a bit, since I am scanning them at 9600dpi (about 35mb per pic) for archival purposes, I managed to shrink them down to an acceptable size to post here on the web (about 300k each).
Here they are....
The caboose going over the bridge at Mott lake.
[home.comcast.net]
I believe this picture was taken at the Cummings Center (I think this because of the power lines in the background) I think this one was taken back when the old loop was still being used.
[home.comcast.net]
Some of the passenger cars going over the bridge.
[home.comcast.net]
And finally #2 back before the cab was stained a darker color, and the wheels/cowcatcher were painted.
Maybe Marty or someone could help out on the approximate year in which they were taken, as these photos have no info on the back, like most of the family photos do. I know they had to be taken sometime between the mid-80's (I was born in 82) and before the old loop was closed.
[home.comcast.net]
Subject Author Posted

'Ancient' Pictures of Huckleberry.

JasonL. October 10, 2004 01:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.