Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The C&T today.

Kevin Bush
October 03, 2004 01:11PM
Foggy and wet all morning. Eight cars, with 487. My dad and I walked up into the trees JUST below Loabto, on the curve before if levels out...we got a 30 minute audio recording of the high-ball, the first highway crossing, all the way up and past us, and we left it running until the crossing at Dalto. I don't know when i'll find time to listen to that one, but it should be could.
Started raining and hailing just after the second high-way crossing. My dad and I got a recording there, then raced up to Cresco. We waited and waited, then I drove down myself to see if they had stalled or not. They did. They had stalled just after we had left to go to Cresco. They ended up backing up a little bit, and they finally got it started. They ended up arriving at Cumbres 30 minutes late.
The sound seems to travel real well in wet weather. I hope I got some good pictures and audio during this 2000 miles two day trip!!
I hope and can talk to Kim and tell her i'm still very interested in a job for next summer too. If I don't talk to her, I will have to talk to her on the phone some this winter maybe, spring may be a better time.
I am told the plan is to run two trains a day 5 days a week, and on Thursday only one, then nothing on Friday, but i'm not positive on that. I also heard that 497's running gear has one season left and they will just transfer what they can over to the 489. Just to buy some time. Makes sense to me!
Kevin Bush
Subject Author Posted

The C&T today.

Kevin Bush October 03, 2004 01:11PM

Re: The C&T today.

Kevin Bush October 03, 2004 01:17PM

Re: The C&T today.

Hoss - The Wideload October 03, 2004 03:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.