Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CO RR tour, June 3-7, 2019

June 13, 2019 04:51PM avatar
Steve Black Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like a fun trip Lee.

I was indeed, Steve. More photos can be found here: [www.flickr.com]
I lucked up on seeing #12 at Georgetown Loop apparently the day after it got there, as well as #20 at Golden a couple of days after it got back as well. Also caught rotary OY in Chama less than a week before she was taken out.
This wasn't a railfan tour, as we just didn't have a great deal of time to look around things. I had to endure a "group photo" at Antonito in front of 489 while 488 was being moved from where she was being coaled, so I missed watching her couple up to our train (my wife would have killed me if I'd made her look bad by bailing on the photo). At Chama, I practically had to run around the shop area to get photos as it was just a restroom stop after the train.
It was a whirlwind trip, I never thought I'd be able to hit that much stuff in such a short period of time even managed to hit Caboose hobbies on my way back to Denver from Golden, but my wife wasn't happy with the third Uber bill (it was still worth it).
I got some swag, too (I collect pins and I have a display case for them, including ones depicting number plates from steam locomotives behind which I've ridden or gotten cab rides). I also bought t-shirts at C&TS and D&S, Georgetown Loop had a great looking one for only ten bucks, as well.
pins.jpg
caps.jpg

-Lee

Flickr photo set of my On30 layout

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 05:14PM by et&wnc.
Subject Author Posted

CO RR tour, June 3-7, 2019

et&wnc June 11, 2019 12:05PM

Re: CO RR tour, June 3-7, 2019

Steve Black June 12, 2019 05:54PM

Re: CO RR tour, June 3-7, 2019 Attachments

et&wnc June 13, 2019 04:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login