Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG But there's a lot of weather in NG country

March 14, 2019 09:42AM
New Mexico is known for its micro climates, but there was a mini micro climate at our house, south of Santa Fe, this morning. As it was very windy yesterday, and our garbage barrel had so little it that it was rather light, I decided to not take it out for today's pick up until around 0600 local today; I usually take it out the afternoon before pickup day. When I opened the overhead door, there was a snow drift about a foot high piled up next to where the door was when it was closed.

This seemed rather odd, given that there was only an inch or so of snow on the patio on the opposite side of the house.It was not until I wheeled the barrel up to the doorway that I saw what must have happened. There was an area in the driveway, stretching from the doorway for perhaps two feet, and as wide as the door, which the wind had blown clear of snow; that snow piled up against the closed garage door, creating a mini micro snow drift.

Curiously, no such weather phenomenon for the other garage door, which is right next to the drifted-in door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 10:27AM by John Liebson.
Subject Author Posted

NNG But there's a lot of weather in NG country Attachments

drgw0579 March 14, 2019 07:57AM

Jason Midyette March 14, 2019 09:00AM

John Liebson March 14, 2019 09:42AM

TonyK375 March 14, 2019 10:00AM

John Liebson March 14, 2019 10:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login