Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What's next?

December 12, 2018 06:02PM avatar
John K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure about the last point,

Thankfully, it would never have gotten past the senior moderator (even though he's the one who once offered to pay for me to take yodeling lessons).
For solid evidence of why this last suggestion from Wayne was a REALLY bad idea, see Jason Rose' video at the bottom of [ngdiscussion.net].

> but I'm game for all of 1968 . . .

The best of 1968 is all out there, John -

Greg Scholl even has his own, and some of Ernie's, movies available.  As for stills, IIRC I've re-sized and posted about 1/4 of the scans of the photos Ernie sent – what was IMHO the best shot or two from each location, plus a few not quite as striking photographically but important historically.  Ditto with my own photos of the last REAL freights in August of '68.  My older photos, taken with a very mediocre camera from 1960 thru 1967, have also been posted over the past four or five years – do an NGDF search for subject "Moldy Oldies" and author "Russo Loco" if you're really desperate.

An even better idea IMHO would be to encourage all of the other photographers who have photos from the early and mid-1960's to dig, scan, and post . . .     smileys with beer

- El Abuelo Histœrico, Greengo y Curmudgeoño de los Locomoturas Viejos y Verdes,
aka Der Grossväterlich DünkelOlivGrünDampfKesselMantelLiebHabender

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 06:12PM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

What's next?

John K December 08, 2018 03:59PM

jcpatten December 08, 2018 07:07PM

Russo Loco December 08, 2018 07:22PM

Rader Sidetrack December 08, 2018 07:27PM

Wayne Hoskin December 12, 2018 04:21PM

John K December 12, 2018 04:25PM

Russo Loco December 12, 2018 06:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login