Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: LF D&RGW Santa Fe Depot Drawings

September 14, 2018 08:39AM
Dorman's "Chama/Cumbres with Chili" has a plan of the front wall, and his "City Different" has plans for the side, so I believe plans exist.

Google maps allow you to "walk around" inside the building. You can clearly see where the interior walls attached to the outside walls, though I can't really figure out the baggage/express end of the depot. I assume the north end with the bay window had a typical configuration inside, much like the Antonito layout that's in one of the two books I've referenced above.

I don't know where Dorman got the plans, why he didn't publish the entire set, or what happened to them after he passed. I thought the Friends of the C&TS got his collection, so perhaps they have the plans? If not, perhaps the CRRM in Golden.

And finally: Leslie Trill, a wonderful N/Nn3 modeler, took some field measurements showing actual window widths, distance between windows, etc. Those plans (just one sheet) are available on the Chili Line group at groups.io. I'd send them to you directly instead of referring you there, but I don't think this forum has that functionality.

EDIT: fortunately, Dorman's plan shows the front of the depot and Trill's shows the back! thumbs up

EDIT 2: Take a look at this John W. Barriger III photo on Flickr. It's pretty high-rez and you can see details like the exposed rafters on the street side of the building: [www.flickr.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 09:24AM by DakotaRed.
Subject Author Posted

LF D&RGW Santa Fe Depot Drawings

NGJon September 12, 2018 06:22PM

Re: LF D&RGW Santa Fe Depot Drawings

DakotaRed September 14, 2018 08:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login