Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: D&S Trip Report Sunday 8/5/18

August 07, 2018 11:51AM
The two joined cabeese used be on Valley View Drive (by the Iron Horse) and were owned by Bruce Anderson, a foamer who was struck by a mssive heart attack at an early age. Bruce also owned the Bitter Root Mine and restored the phone booth up there. It has a memorial plaque to Bruce on the booth. Quite a sendoff with a special train including Al & Yvonne. Bill was the engineer and a highball runby to scatter his ashes. I think he's been gone for 4 years now. RIP I have heard that the present owners are doctors from Durango but I could be all wrong. I'm sure Jerry would know.

The SP caboose is owned by the adjoining Wyman House next door and is available for rent. Sharon & I rented the caboose along with the court yard for our 20th anniversary few years back. The court yard was perfect for the reception and the caboose was perfect. Very comfortable bed in the rear, a siting area and a hot tube.Hard to leave in the morning.

I'm sure somebody can add serial numbers, operational history etc but I thought I would add some personal history.

Husker Hank
Durango CO
Subject Author Posted

D&S Trip Report Sunday 8/5/18

Jim August 07, 2018 09:46AM

RichB August 07, 2018 11:17AM

Husker Hank August 07, 2018 11:51AM

Chris Webster August 07, 2018 06:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login