Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Little Tourist OP. at Summerland BC

November 07, 2017 06:32PM avatar
Jane and I road this line some years ago when they were running a 2 truck Shay. I don't think that they went as far as they do now. It is a very scenic ride and well worth visiting. For those that also like steam boats, the Sicamous sternwheeler is nearby at Penticton. One could make a nice circle road trip in BC visiting this rr, the steam operation at Kamloops, the railroad museum at Revelstoke, Rogers Pass, Field, The Sprial Tunnels, then on down S. and come back west over Crowsnest Pass, ride the steam railroad at Ft. Steele, ride the NG mine train at Kimberly and visit the Canadian Museum of Rail Travel in Cranbrook. We have made variations on the above loop several times over the years. The only thing we have not actually done on this list is ride the steam train at Kamloops. Keeping a NG connection to the above, some variation of the loop could let one go to Kaslo once the eastern terminus on Kootenay Lk. of the Kaslo and Slocan RR. Kaslo is also the home of the preserved stern wheeler Moyie.
Subject Author Posted

Little Tourist OP. at Summerland BC Attachments

Dennis Cardy November 07, 2017 05:32PM

Re: Little Tourist OP. at Summerland BC

J.B.Bane November 07, 2017 06:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login