Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Graden Mill and ICC valuation map set... wait, there's more...

October 19, 2016 12:26PM avatar
Just need an opinion...

1. I'm looking to order the ICC valuation map set, Durango to Silverton, from CRRM, and was wondering if anyone knows if I can glean some useful Graden Mill information from it. I've got most Graden material that's available including photos from various sources (Dorman collection, Ron Morse, books, more books), the Blazek drawing set and a number of Sanborn maps (all very cool), but thought the valuation maps might prove useful. Thoughts? Looks like an interesting set anyway.

In addition, Dell McCoy has several Graden Mill photos in RGS Story X (or XI, the Durango book anyway) and also in the 1987 Trails/Columbine book. Does anyone know if there's a Dell McCoy collection out there from which one might purchase prints?

And one more thing, the 1987 Trails/Columbine book also has a great Alamosa shop interior photo by David Digerness, neat angle and lots of detail. And really, who couldn't use more Alamosa shop photos, right? Again, does anyone know if there's a David Digerness collection out there from which one might purchase prints? The subject was actually raised some years ago here on the forum without an answer (none available at the time).

D. If anyone is interested in the wood cribbing construction used in numerous old grain elevators, such as Graden, there's the Old Colorado Brewery in Wellington CO which occupies a grain elevator from the twenties which uses wood cribbing. The owners have an appreciation for this construction method and left the walls exposed in the remodel. All very cool and a great look at a piece of grain elevator history. The beer is good too, because, well, it's beer... Disclaimer: I have no affiliation, financial or otherwise, with Old Colorado Brewery, but my brother lives just a block and a half away soooo...

Thanks,
Mike McKenzie
Frankfort IL
Subject Author Posted

Graden Mill and ICC valuation map set... wait, there's more...

bonefish October 19, 2016 12:26PM

Re: Graden Mill and ICC valuation map set... wait, there's more...

ROW Explorer October 19, 2016 06:51PM

Re: Graden Mill and ICC valuation map set... wait, there's more...

bonefish October 19, 2016 07:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login