Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A tip for editing video

November 29, 2015 12:37PM
Well I got my Betacam-SP tape deck back on-line to my old computer and decided to capture a bunch of old stuff.
Included was a show I never put on DVD, so am working on it now called "Mountain Wildlife". There were lots of "Glitches", known
as tape glitches from either the originals or the master tapes. I don't see as many of these with current cameras, since most are not tape.
Years ago when I was paying for my editing at the pro places, I learned a tip for fixing these that I am passing on to any of you who might need it.
In your timeline of the sequence you are creating, find the bad frame, and park the cursor over it, so it is the next frame to play. Then go back to your
original footage and find that same glitch. Select the frame before the bad one, or after it, and then select the in and out points so it is the next thing you
use. Then add it to the finished sequence and it should cover the bad frame that had the glitch. At real-time speed you may never notice a thing, and if
you do, it surely will not be as noticeable as that glitch you just covered. In the 49 minutes of footage I was working on I must have fixed 40 glitches.
For those that do not know, a glitch may appear to be a flash or image break-up in the middle of shot, that creates a disturbance in the image.
Now that you know more than you probably want to, I will send you back to your regular programing!!! smiling smiley
Greg
Subject Author Posted

A tip for editing video

Greg Scholl November 29, 2015 12:37PM

Re: A tip for editing video

trainrider47 December 02, 2015 08:12AM

Re: A tip for editing video

Greg Scholl December 02, 2015 08:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login