Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

August 2016

November 20, 2015 12:24PM
Most know the Friend's conducted a successful MOW charter in Oct 2015.

There's a request to run another MOW charter featuring OB actually out doing work along the line in August 2016. So far what I've heard is it will be out of Antonito again. Potential work site is Toltec.

Other than that I've not heard any other details.

During the chat over the Oct 2015 MOW we had a lot of discussion of operating OB along the line. It was ruled out due to time constraints. This would provide some very unique photo opportunities as well video. Like any run, this would have to be a fund raiser meaning both the railroad and Friends generate a financial benefit.

If you think about it..... there's an unlimited way the railfans can help with projects like this to provide a run for the equipment or take a piece of restored equipment out and do useful work along the line. The Friends and railroad both have very heavy capital funding needs these days. What a great way to help.

So how about some thoughts, photos of historic runs of OB doing work as a run prototype? Also, in Jan/Feb and Mar/Apr of 2016 Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette will be printing articles on OB and OP. There's likely to be scale drawings in the issues of the equipment.

I really can't begin to thank Russ Sperry for his help with the Oct 2015 MOW. Also, I can't begin to thank Michael Allen and John West enough for their help with March 2016 Flanger run! With these Friend's sponsored events, anyone can be part and help. These runs are a great way to get involved even if you can't attend work sessions.
Subject Author Posted

August 2016

JoeK November 20, 2015 12:24PM

Re: October 3, 2015 - Thank Alan Loomis ... thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco November 21, 2015 01:29PM

Samart November 21, 2015 04:21PM

Russo Loco November 22, 2015 01:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login