Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old Betsy side dump car up date.

March 25, 2011 12:10AM avatar
Well as some of you should remember I posted last time about the side dump cars that sit behind Old Betsy. Well things are moving along nicely.
One car is almost done. Today the cars were moved indoors, while the weather is crummy.
I talked to one of the guys working on them and he is going out of his way to do it right. He told me he is ordering square head hardware just to make it look right. He also said they are going to sand blast the wood to make it looked aged when they are done and he said one of the chains that keeps the car from tipping was broken so he asked the black smith to make a new one.(this shows how we use the black smith for more than just making horse shoes for guests) Lastly they are going to put a plastic liner inside the cars to protect the wood from the plants that will be in the cars. I was trying to convince him to build new links and pins for the cars to.grinning smiley

Now for the pictures. The first two are from last week, and show the center beam detail.
SDcar6.jpg

SDcar7.jpg

This one is from today(Thurs) and shows the progress so far. There is still one side that needs to be attached, the boards for that side are on the floor.
SDcar10.jpg
This shot show the end of the car and the linkage detail in the up position.
SDcar9.jpg

It still works! This shot shows how the car "tips" to dump its load. Its actually really easy to tip.
SDcar8.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Old Betsy side dump car up date. Attachments

Jeff Taylor March 25, 2011 12:10AM

Re: Old Betsy side dump car up date.

Stewart Rhine March 25, 2011 06:18AM

Philosopher March 25, 2011 08:19AM

Jeff Taylor March 25, 2011 08:00PM

Russo Loco March 25, 2011 08:44PM

CBrito1690 March 25, 2011 09:41PM

Wow, I am building one of those too. Attachments

johnpenn74 March 26, 2011 09:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login