Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Friends Volunteer work sessions

Joe
April 09, 2000 11:43AM
Bob,
Thanks for your post. Might I suggest that Chicago might win the prize for slower mail than California! I just received my work session packet.
I have been wanting to get involved with this little activity for a few years. With the events of the past year, I am more motivated to contribute to the Friend's effort to preserve this great railroad. Since I have never been a part of this effort, I would be grateful to have your (or anyone else's) advice on a few concerns:
1. I am 44 years old and pretty handy around just about any type of equipment or hand tools. (My other hobby is restoring and operating antique fire apparatus.) What I am trying to say is that I feel that there are few jobs that I don't bring some experience to or that with a little instruction can't handle. I would be happy to go where ever I am needed most, but would appreciate any suggestions.
2. Since I will be coming solo, I would really like some guidance on where so stay (the list sent with the work session material is a bit overwhelming!). I am at that age where a hot shower at the end of the day is pretty important to me so camping doesn't sound as good as it might have in years past. It would also be nice to unwind with a beverage with other volunteers in the evening so some advice on where folks tend to stay would be of help.
3. Any advice on selecting a work session?
Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Joe (Windy City Lurker!)
Subject Author Posted

Friends Volunteer work sessions

Bob Ground April 07, 2000 05:24PM

Les Clark April 08, 2000 02:14PM

Bill Kepner April 08, 2000 09:19PM

What is the address of your web page? (NM)

Hoss April 09, 2000 06:53PM

Re: What is the address of your web page? (NM)

Don Richter April 10, 2000 08:23AM

Bill Kepner April 10, 2000 08:37AM

Joe April 09, 2000 11:43AM

Mike Oestreich April 09, 2000 12:25PM

Bob Ground April 09, 2000 01:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.