Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More night shots in Chama - a sneak preview

September 30, 2009 01:36AM avatar
Many thanks to Michael Ripley and Roger Hogan for allowing me to join in on their
photo shoot this evening. We had spent the day enjoying the fall colors under rapidly
changing light, so it was a real treat to be able to anticipate where the illumination was
coming from and how bright it would be.

The following three unretouched shots are just teasers so you'll stay tuned for coming attractions from the pros; I shot them while the others were spotting the engines and setting up the lights, and I'm going to leave it up to Michael and Roger to post the "official" results from a VERY busy evening.

At about 6:45, The sun broke through briefly and brightened the trees at the north end of the yard - and the recently re-roofed coaling tower - with a fantastic golden light:
0929-Evening-165.JPG

Alan Loomis played brakeman-in-conductor's-clothing, and helped Michelle Martin spot the engines just where Michael wanted them:
0929-Evening-174.JPG

With nobody giving directions or even paying attention to this little detail, we noticed later that Michelle had spotted #315 within an inch or so of perfect "rods down"! As evening faded into night, a few non-flash ex-Sperry-mental shots were in order:
0929-Evening-198.JPG

There's 'No Room at the Inn' this evening morning, so Roger has kindly allowed me to spend what's left of the night in the comfy lobby of THE (Shamrock) HOTEL. Be sure to check out his pics tomorrow!

- Russo

p.s. Morgen kommt aus Delores nach Chama der Wandergans!
(See [ngdiscussion.net].)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 02:49AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

More night shots in Chama - a sneak preview Attachments

Russo Loco September 30, 2009 01:36AM

Re: More night shots in Chama - a sneak preview

chris king September 30, 2009 10:19AM

Re: More night shots in Chama - a sneak preview

Jason Rose September 30, 2009 07:01PM

Re: More night shots in Chama - a followup Attachments

Russo Loco October 28, 2009 02:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login