Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work train tool car?

John West
June 30, 2001 02:54PM
The car you are referring to is not a standard revenue box car. I can't remember exactly what it is, but I do remember it has a full height door at one end, and a foot plate for a gangway to an ajoining car. Work train tool car? Hopefully someone else can fill in the details. But that is probably why it is not getting the "standard" paint job.
I worked on Dick Caldwell's lettering crew several years ago, and his modus operandi was to have a picture of each car he was relettering, or at least a picture of a car in the same series, and use that as a guide. While there are some details one can quibble over, in general he was very meticulous in ensuring we followed prototype practice. Of course, some of the pictures were from various time periods, so not all cars are relettered for the same time period. But this is consistent with the Friends desire to show historic equipment as it appearred at various times in DRGW history.
I would prefer everything be as I remember it from the 60's, but that is only my view.
Subject Author Posted

Question on Box Car letterinng - Work Session...

Kevin Cook June 29, 2001 03:53PM

Re: Question on Box Car letterinng - Work Session.

Don Richter June 30, 2001 09:02AM

No look at this photo *PIC*

Kevin Cook June 30, 2001 02:31PM

Work train tool car?

John West June 30, 2001 02:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.